IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.
- Sep 01, 2016 Virginia Tech reveals $75 million plan to emphasize intelligent infrastructure More than 80 faculty members from multiple colleges and institutes are involved in the initiative, as the university ties new assets into existing programs and research facilities.
Division of IT - Twitter
- May 22, 2017
May 23, 2017
This problem is now resolved - thanks for your patience! And kudos to our network engineers @VT_NIS for their targeted response. https://twitter.com/VT_IT/status/867008997647372290 …
May 23, 2017
Many VT buildings seeing intermittent problems with wired & wireless connectivity. See 4Help for complete details http://bit.ly/2rwrfYN
- May 20, 2017
May 20, 2017
Zero hour - 9am. :) https://twitter.com/kenmccrery/status/865925786410393600 …
May 19, 2017
For the media: Cybersecurity expert says digital hygiene is key to preventing future ransomware attacks http://ow.ly/QWS730bRVet
IT Events Calendar
- May 30, 2017 - May 30, 2017 - RB-14, room 115 + WebEx IT Service Management Group Meeting
- Jun 21, 2017 - Jun 21, 2017 - CRC Pavilion, Innovation Drive DoIT Summer Picnic
- Jun 21, 2017 - Jun 21, 2017 - RB-14 Room 115 Open meeting: Service Now Reporting
- Jul 14, 2017 - Jul 14, 2017 - 3080 Torgersen Hall Brown Bag Lunch with the Deputy CIO