IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Jan 30, 2017 Don’t wait to move courses to Canvas; Scholar ends May 20 Beginning in June of 2015, Virginia Tech began the move to the Canvas Learning Management System. The transition period is rapidly coming to a close, and Scholar will be decommissioned on May 20, 2017.
- Jan 27, 2017 Submission period for Design and Develop Awards proposals now open Announcing the Spring 2017 Call for Proposals for Design and Develop Awards
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
Division of IT - Twitter
Feb 23, 2017
#TellASadStoryInThreeWords No back ups.
Feb 22, 2017
Governor McAuliffe Announces New Strategic Relationship With Amazon Web Services to Expand Cybersecurity Education https://shar.es/19Qngz
- Feb 21, 2017
Feb 21, 2017
VT Alerts just ran a test of their emergency contact system. Did you get your alert? #emergencypreparedness
Feb 20, 2017
Welcome new VT students and families! https://twitter.com/4helptweets/status/833853091690737664 …
Feb 20, 2017
Current issues with access to MyVT and guest accounts - we are on it - will keep you posted @VTadmissQA
IT Events Calendar
- Mar 06, 2017 - Mar 06, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials
- Mar 07, 2017 - Mar 07, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials
- Mar 08, 2017 - Mar 08, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials
- Mar 09, 2017 - Mar 09, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials
- Mar 10, 2017 - Mar 10, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials
- Mar 11, 2017 - Mar 11, 2017 - SEC 501 Advanced Security Essentials